This painting shows Windermere House on with the Sagamo steamship and the Ditchburn motor launch the Shirlevon in the foreground. (Circa 1950) The Shirlevon was the launch that Windermere House used to entertain their guests. The original marina buildings are also shown before they were destroyed by fire. These Muskoka settlements were serviced regularly by the steamships, which dropped off fresh produce, milk and mail at the freight shed at the dock. This lithograph was produced as a fundraiser for the Canadian Diabetes Association, Muskoka Branch.
by John Murden